About Our Clinic
We Bring Affordable Veterinary Care To A Community Near You!
Fix'N Wag'N Inc. was started on October 9, 2018. However, the drive to bring affordable veterinary care to communities who need it began long before that. Our founder and president, Dr. Theo, has had a passion for caring for the unwanted since she was a small girl. Growing up in Johnstown, PA she saw the need for veterinary care that all community members could access, regardless of their financial status. Her parent's home was often the drop-off point for sick, injured and unwanted cats. Under the guidance of her Granny, she helped nurse and care for many cats during her childhood. Her passion led her to become a licensed veterinary technician and then a veterinarian. During her vet school career Dr. Theo and her colleague Dr. Alicia Oberhaus started a TNR (trap-neuter-release) project which expanded into a surgical training program for fellow veterinary students. This set the pathway for her passion to practice preventative medicine focusing to stop overpopulation at its source by spaying and neutering as many companion animals as possible during her career. She has comprised a team of like-minded individuals who all have the same goal in mind: Bringing affordable veterinary care to communities in need so that pets can stay happy and healthy with their families for a long time!
What Drives Us
- To provide affordable veterinary services to community members in need.
- To ensure that all pet owners can seek care for their pets regardless of their financial status.
- Whenever possible, to provide veterinary care to pets in need so that they may remain in their homes.
- To increase the welfare of community cats in our surrounding comunities through a collaborative effort with partner groups.
- To expand and redefine our veterinary services when necessary to meet the evolving need of each ommunity that we serve.
- Dr. Theo Nelson, DVM Veterinarian/Founder
- Dr. Tegan Fuller, DVM Veterinarian
- Dr. Amanda Zetwo, DVM Veterinarian
- Tori Panza, CVT Lead Veterinary Nurse
- Sara Vogel Veterinary Nurse
- Victoria Wolff Veterinary Nurse
- Becca Stromyer Veterinary Assistant
- Haley Watkins, CVT Veterinary Nurse
- Tracy Tate, CVT Veterinary Nurse
- Nicole Buterbaugh Veterinary Nurse
- Kelly Hein, CVT Veterinary Nurse
- Michelle Holmberg Veterinary Nurse
Board of Directors
- Dr. Theo (President) Dr. Theo is the founder and president of Fix'N Wag'N Inc. She graduated from Ross University School of Veterinary medicine with training at Cornell University during her clinical year. She shares a home with 7 cats, 2 dogs, a beta fish, her amazing husband Steve and her 2 kids Paul and Rosalee. Dr. Theo has dedicated her life to helping animals in need since she was in 3rd grade when she received not 1, but 2 cats for Christmas that year. Her passion as a child lead her to become a licensed veterinary technician and then continue on the veterinary school. She has over a decade of experience working in the veterinary field, most of which has been in communities with limited resources. She shares a passion with the other board members to treat every owner equally, so that their pets can remain happy and healthy in their home for as many years as possible. Creating Fix'N Wag'N has been a life long dream for Dr. Theo and she is very excited to provide affordable care to as many families as possible!
- Tori Panza, CVT (Vice President) BIO COMING SOON!
- Dr. Tegan (Secretary) Dr. Tegan Fuller earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine in 2004. Since graduation, she has worked in emergency and critical care, general practice medicine, shelter medicine and high volume spay/neuter. Her current passion is non-profit work. She loves helping animals and their owners access health care no matter their income level. She enjoys traveling, reading, hiking, cooking and meditation. She has two dogs and three cats at home.
- Steve Nelson (Treasurer) BIO COMING SOON!
- Marsha Koschik (Director of Outreach) BIO COMING SOON!
- Haley Watkins, CVT (Director of Social Media) BIO COMING SOON!
- Victoria Wolff (Director of Fundraising) BIO COMING SOON!